Smith Lake Agent Feature: John Robert Elliott

The next license on his list is that of a plane, which will further my children's belief that "Mr. John Robin" as they call him, is a Smith Lake super-hero. If you're my neighbor or I've ever met you in Son's or the SLFM -- you are fully aware I have "those" children. One day while chatting with John Robert {on the side the road in a golf cart} ~ my children were so wild {read: bad}. When he drove off unruffled by their craziness, my youngest looked at me & asked if he was "the" Robin from Batman. 

Several years separate my time at Auburn and John Robert's, but we share a favorite in Dr. Michael Kincaid, a fixture on the Plains (more below). I've followed John Robert for years and I am a big believer in pictures telling a story ...particularly when something stands out. During his college years, John Robert spent his summers interning with Justin Dyar AKA: Mr. Smith Lake who brought Smith Lake to center stage. The story I saw unfolding was that of someone who was going to build a life and name for himself right here on the banks of Lewis Smith Lake. With his love of the lake, architecture and the perfect mix of "modern meets lake".  I foresee his future home on the pages of Garden & Gun much like H2RealEstate Executive Carter Hughes



Get to know John Robert below!   


How did you find Smith?

If the truth be told, Smith Lake found me. I am a third generation resident on Smith Lake and I have been on the lake since as long as I can remember. My grandparents purchased their first lake home in 1970. My parents were in college at the time, and made it a habit to spend as much time at the lake as possible. So it’s no surprise that I was raised coming to this little gem that I now call home. 

Favorite spot on Smith?

Taking the boat out at sunset and letting my hand touch the spray of the water is a favorite, but as for a spot... there are so many here! I would have to say my favorite is pyramid rock. It’s here where I feel so in touch with the lake and nature. I also love time with my family on the dock and have been known to take a paddle journey! 

If you aren't on Smith ~ where do we find you?

If we aren't on the dock my girl friend, Chandler, and I love an adventure trip. She is nurse at Grandview Medical Center and like me, loves to explore all the places and spaces this world has to offer!  

WHY Smith Lake vs. other lakes?

The reason I love Smith Lake is because of its clean emerald green water & the beauty that surrounds it. You can ride this 22 thousand acre lake for days and not see the same thing. We are blessed to have some of the best people who reside on the shores of Smith Lake. The people are yet another reason to fall in love. The people of Smith Lake are from all walks of life whom have chosen to make this place home.

Favorite meal & drink for a Smith Lake day?

My favorite go-to lake meal is a steak sandwich with a ginger ale. I also love some cheese dip and a lunch at Bottega in Birmingham cannot be beat! 

Describe your real estate style?


My real estate style has been described as “ relentless and off market” and I must admit, I am a bit old school as I write down everything in a black notebook. I've been known to sell a home or multiple without putting them on the MLS. Whether its a fixer upper, a true lake cabin, cottage or a $2M home on the water, I simply cannot give up on my buyers until we've found their version of a SMITH LAKE home. Honestly, I love every aspect of real estate, but it very exhilarating to me to sell something that is not actively published on MLS for the world to see. Selling and buying a home is personal experience.

If you work every day for some amount of time then you will be leaps and bounds ahead of your competitors. “I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.” - Auburn University Creed

Tell us about YOU ~ who you are?

I am a realtor at Lewis Smith Lake, Alabama. I graduated from Auburn University in Marketing with a concentration in Professional Sales and a concentration in Real Estate. At Auburn, I was accepted into a program called APS (advanced personal selling.) This program only accepts 18 students out of the entire business school. I was given the opportunity to master a set of skills put to test in front of over twenty fortune 500 companies. After graduating I accepted my dream job with Lake Homes Realty, on the Justin Dyar team. 

I now live on Smith Lake full-time and am in the process of building my forever home. There is nothing that motivates me more than people, great architecture and Smith Lake. When I can bring all three together, I feel that it the perfect sale! 

*****


John Robert Elliott is a full-time agent with Lake Homes Reality on the Justin Dyar team. In 2020 he produced over $30 million in sales. 
E: johnrelliott1@gmail.com
P: 256.566.4327
Insta: @johnrobertelliott

Comments

Smith Lake Favorites