Get Spring Ready!

If you love the lake life you know quality outdoor furniture is essential! One of my favorite outdoor brands is Summer Classics, an Alabama based company. Known for their Marine Grade teak, cast aluminum and N-Dura resin wicker to name a few, Summer Classics & Gabby, their interior line have retailers in all 50 states. Smith Lake’s retailer for Summer Classics can be found in Arley at Cornerstone Building Supply. Year round, you can see select pieces, fabric samples and order with delivery to your home by visiting Cornerstone Building Supply. 


Three to four times a year Summer Classics & Gabby has a large “tent" sale at their factory outlet just south of Birmingham, in Pelham.  I stumbled upon the factory outlet and tent sale a few years back and I must say I cannot stay away. The outlet store is open Monday - Saturday 10 AM - 6 PM and on Sunday from 1 PM - 5PM. The upcoming tent sale is February 11th - 14th at: 

111 Hinds Street

Pelham, AL 35214


Q: Is the tent sale open to the public?

YES! Due to Covid there is limited capacity, but a reservation system was in place for the November 2020 sale. I’ll share when I hear more about it. 


Q: Have you been to this sale before?

Hmmm —yes, I may have a small problem with both Summer Classics and Gabby. I have it saved on my calendar as soon as the date is released. 


Q: Are kids allowed?

Yes, I’m the one with a child strapped to me with another in the stroller and a bag full of snacks. 


Q: What is the best day to go?

I usually go the first day. When time permits I visit the week of the sale to pinpoint what I am looking for and where it is. The outlet is large with multiple rooms and outdoor spaces. Pre-Covid shoppers lined up 30 minutes to an hour before the doors open to get a spot in line. Think mad dash for certain items  ~ I’ve literally seen grown women guarding Gabby dressers and consoles. 


Q: How is pricing?

Items found at the outlet are 40% off on a regular basis, but there is special pricing for the tent sale that is even better! The tent sale in November was 50%-90% off. The price for the quality of furniture absolutely cannot be beat. I will say ~ each and every piece I own is still going, in good condition and I have WILD children! 


Q: Are the pieces first quality?

Some are and some aren’t. A lot of the pieces have been used in photoshoots, are floor models and some have a scratch here & there. There are also one-off prototypes available as well. They are great for areas you need just one chair! 


Q: Is everything sold in sets?

No, its a mix but everything is priced individually. In the past when I’ve needed four of an item and there were only three available, I’ve ordered with a retailer to complete the set. The savings you get on the pieces at the tent sale justify the full price purchase to complete the set if needed, in my opinion. 


Q: What kind of furniture should I expect to find?

You’ll find everything from indoor and outdoor couches, tables, bar stools, sectionals, cocktail tables, dressers, foot stools — you name it! The Gabby lighting may be one of my favorites ~ multiple pieces are lake house perfect! 


Q: If I purchase something when can I pick it up?

Immediately, you take your sale ticket to the loading dock and someone loads your car ~ easy. You can have it held after purchase if needed as well. I usually clear the back of my vehicle and remove everything I can for space. I’ve loaded before by women from Texas who rented a U-Haul who were making TWO trips with said U-Haul. 



If you can't make the tent sale, I would totally visit the outlet when you can! I feel like its such an inspirational experience every time I go! Below are a few pictures of what they had during my visit earlier this week! 











Comments

Smith Lake Favorites