Smith Lake People: Sarah O'Mary



Sarah O'Mary's love of Smith Lake started early and was one of the main things that drew her back to Jasper, leaving a job at the University of Alabama for her hometown. Last summer she and her now husband bought a boat. The couple ended up spending time on Smith Lake every chance they got, taking their dogs, Townsend (English Bulldog) and
Rugby (French Bulldog) on many boating adventures. 

We've had the pleasure of working with Sarah on several projects, not only is she super fabulous and professional, but she is a girl with a dream. Sarah is in the process of opening a studio in downtown Jasper, with a grand opening set for September 6th. She will offer after school art, BYO wine and Mommy & Me classes along with birthday parties in the new space. Sarah's new studio will allow her to showcase her invitation samples, hold meetings with clients and also be part of the Jasper Main Street business crowd! 

We have enjoyed not only working with her, but getting to know her as well ~ so we thought we'd share a little bit about Walker Counties - Smith Lake Sweetheart, Sarah O'Mary, as a Smith Lake People Feature! Sarah is one of kind and already saving for her dream home on our very own, Lewis Smith Lake! 

Question: Are you from Jasper or do you just live there now?

SO: I born and raised in Jasper (well, actually I was born at St. Vincent's but you get the point). I went to college at the University of Alabama and ended up working for them for a few years after college, but other than that 6 year span I have always been in Jasper. I just moved back and bought a house in fact!

Question: You recently got married ~ tell us about your new husband.
SO: We got married June 16, 2018 {hello newly wed life}. Martin Roberts is another Jasper local.  He is a veterinarian and also moved back after schooling. Both of us grew up going to Smith Lake from an extremely young age. My great grandparents owned a house near Duncan Bridge in Arley that my mom grew up going to, then my grandparents owned it and now my uncle is the proud owner. Martin's grandparents owned one on the other side of the lake near Big Bridge in Cullman. They still have the cabin in the family and we frequent both locations every chance we get!


Question: At such a young age you have already started your own business, tell us about your work.

SO: My "day job" has recently changed. I was working full time as a graphic designer for The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. In January 2018, I decided I really wanted to focus more on free lance, so I started as lead designer working Monday - Wednesday at 78 Magazine in downtown Jasper. This leaves me Thursdays and Fridays to spend A LOT more time on freelance orders and meeting with potential clients. My business is called SarahOMaryDesigns!

Question: Where can people find your work?

SO: My work can be found on Instagram and Facebook @SarahOMaryDesigns and in the store Elizabeth Garner Interiors & Gifts on Main Street in downtown Jasper.


Question: Do you do commissions? (Lets say someone wanted Big Bridge on the Cullman side)

SO: I absolutely do commissions of all kinds! Bring on all of the ideas and let's make something!  Along with watercolors of houses, families and pets, I also offer "digital" paintings which are made on my Ipad Pro + Apple Pencil (Digital Pet Portraits are my most popular item), and abstract acrylic paintings. I also am a full service graphic design business that specializes in wedding and event invitations and small business branding. See her website here

Thank you, Sarah for sharing your talents with Smith Lake ~ you bring joy and creative vibes to many through your passion! 

. .. . .. . .. . .. . ..

Be ready for lakeside living on Smith Lake with these top sellers in Patio, Lawn & Garden from Amazon! 

Ps... As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases



We ❤ Smith Lake!
 #SmithLakeAlabama



Get your Smith Lake Gear here!




Smith Lake Favorites