Smith Lake People - No Label Needed

No label needed, we are all Smith Lake People 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are either -- Lake People or Beach People. Honestly, I never thought I would refer to myself as a Lake Person - but after several visits to Smith Lake in 2005 -- I admit I am a total convert.  

Lake vs. Beach, once you  decipher which water you prefer, the breakdown becomes a bit different. On Smith, I've heard it broken down into two main labels:  

A local or full-timer.

A weekender or a part-timer.

*both labels are pretty self explanatorily. 


Let's just call a spade a spade  -- both groups of people think things about the other. Personally, I've gotten "the look" from BOTH groups while frequenting local establishments in and around the lake. It is really quite entertaining if you stop and think about it. 

While the labels may define your permanent zip code, they do not define our love for this awe inspiring place we know as Lewis Smith Lake. Just like the wakeboarder, the skier, the tuber and our fishing folks; we are all Smith Lake People, no labels needed! 

Whether you are labeled as a local, a weekender, full-timer, part-timer or you are just passing through there are people on our lake who make it a special place. Over the next eight weeks, we will share with you a few of the faces that have been nominated as Smith Lake People! You can subscribe to our blog here or opt in to our email updates here. 

Thanks for loving Smith Lake!

PS - hopefully by the end --- our Lake People shirt will be ready .... it has been in the works since SEPTEMBER. {insert upside down smiley face emoji}

Comments

Smith Lake Favorites