Recipe: Conecuh Bites

Preparing for the weekend always entails searching for a recipe. ALWAYS! Whether we have company or not, I always try to include an appetizer for Saturday night for us to munch on while watching the sunset and enjoying the beauty around us {also known as Smith Lake}. One of my go-to's is called Conecuh Bites. 

Conecuh Bites are easy to make, and, without a doubt, deliciously mix the hearty and the sweet together!  If you've never had Conecuh Sausage, and you like sausage, do yourself a favor and pick some up! Conecuh Sausage ships anywhere in the United States or can be found in most grocery stores (I pick mine up at Son's of Arley). 

Recipe: Conecuh Bites

  • 1 package of Conecuh Sausage
  • 1 can of pineapple chunks
  • Your favorite BBQ Sauce
  • Toothpicks 

Grill or fry the Conecuh and cut into serving pieces {see picture for size}. Open the pineapple. Using a toothpick, combine your sausage and pineapple chunks, and dip into the BBQ sauce {I usually use Dreamland Sauce, but recently discovered a new brand, Bully Sauce - that also loves Smith Lake, I should add - and I am planning to use it this weekend}

Side note: for cheese lovers, my Daddy adds a small block of cheddar cheese to his sausage/pineapple combo and claims -- "it makes it THAT much better!" 

Comments

Smith Lake Favorites